Thursday, August 28, 2014

Portfolio update and plans

My portfolio keeps climbing thanks to many small contributions like shorting DGAZ, shorting RUSS, shorting XIV.

I'm going to write down some thoughts about going forward, I have bull ideas, bear ideas and neutral ideas from the levels we are at today.

From the bear perspective:

I want to go short the parabola in Tech stocks. I will accumule TQQQ starting at 90, if it goes there.

I'm already long and plus on volatility through shorting XIV.

From the bull perspective:

I like to make more short term trades in something liquid and volatile like short SPXS or TZA using the 3 weeks 5 min chart.

I like to be long unloved regions like EGPT, ARGT, EWP, RSX, GREK and shorting RUSS which as a bonus also is highly volatile.

I want to be short inverse biotech through BIS but I need a peak to get a good entry level. The same with inverse junior miners JDST.

I want to be long marketability even with leverage but again I need a good entry point after a retracement. Current levels are risky. Available ETFs are RETL and UGE but they have bad liquidity.

I will short any leveraged inverse ETF that have signs of a peak in it's chart pattern.

From a more neutral perspective

I want to short both DGAZ and UGAZ due to their volatility.
I want to short yen but with a limited amount.
I want to short leveraged gold and silver, timed on peaks.








No comments:

Post a Comment